Build your own USB tuner . Questions about hardware

Re: No video output on Minitiouner receiver

Messagede F6DZP » Lun 20 Mai 2019 09:14

hello,

@Pipsqueak,
Your problem is completely different,
=> All your TS leds are green, that shows that your PC is presently receiving the TS (Transport Stream = Video + Audio), so you see the video but
=> your Graph led is red. (The Directshow Graph is the procedure made by Windows for decoding video and audio) that shows that Windows cannot build the decoding and renderer system
That means that your PC is not well installed
You must first check if all codec are well installed using the software "CheckMiniTiouneDriverAndFilters_V0_5a" and check if all leds are green.(this software is given with the Minitioune V0.8s package)

Jean-Pierre F6DZP
F6DZP

Messagede ZS1MM » Lun 27 Mai 2019 06:46

Hi Jean-Pierre,
I have finally found the fault in my Minitiouner receiver. It was a DUD tuner module. Bit 5 and bit 6 were shorted together inside the tuner. I removed the tuner from the board and put it under a microscope. I noticed that the board was never washed after the soldering process and two small solder balls were hidden under the flux and shorting the two tracks right at one of those 47 ohm resistor packs. After cleaning I re-assembled the receiver and tested it on the satellite. It immediately worked perfectly . Fortunately there was a lot of activity on the satellite last night so I could test it on many different symbol rates from about 125KS right up to 2MS. They all worked perfectly with excellent video and audio quality. Certainly a project that you can be proud of.
Many thanks for your help,
Leon Korkie
ZS1MM
ZS1MM

Messagede ZS1MM » Mar 28 Mai 2019 07:06

Hi Jean-Pierre,
My previous post got lost somewhere in cyber space. You were correct. My problem was in the hardware. I finally found that it was a DUD Serit tuner. Data bits 5 and 6 were shorting inside the tuner. I carefully removed the tuner from the board and put it under the microscope. There I could see that they never washed the tuner board after the soldering process. At one of those tiny 47 ohm resistor packs there were two small solder balls hidden under the flux causing the short. I removed them and washed the board in Isopropyl alcohol. I then re-assembled the receiver and it immediately worked perfectly. Fortunately at that time there was a lot of activity on the satellite so I could test it on many different symbol rates. From around 125Ks/S right up to 2Ms/S. Both video and audio quality was Superb. Now I can fit it into a nice box.
Thanks for all the help.
Leon Korkie
ZS1MM
ZS1MM

Messagede F6DZP » Ven 7 Juin 2019 07:54

Hello Leon,

Data bits 5 and 6 were shorting inside the tuner

You are not lucky for your first NIM.

Now that you can receive you can activate your TiouneMonitor ( the Web button in Minitioune - you must have set your call and vivadatv password in the .ini file)
So we could see how your recieving European stations.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP
F6DZP

Précédente
Forums Statistiques