All about the software

Running windows in a virtualbox

Messagede G1EUZ » Dim 10 Mar 2019 13:41

Hi,

While using a windows client in virtualbox on linux, my video streams open in a separate ActiveMovie window and dont show in the mini tiouner application itself.

I am assuming this is because of the virtualbox video driver. On a different laptop with windows 10 the system works as expected.

The system test also does not show the Mpeg2 or H264 video streams but the audio is present.

While not ideal, I am content to use the system this way providing no other functions are affected.

Are there any other Linux users who can comment on mini tiouner performance in a virtualbox?

Kind regards

Mick
G1EUZ

Re: Running windows in a virtualbox

Messagede DF2ET » Jeu 28 Mar 2019 12:41

Hey Mick,

does the MiniTioune software run ok on your virtual machine? I did connect my MiniTiouner to a virtual box Windows 7 Pro.
It seems like the USB driver is causing issues. I2C performance is shown as too low.
Does it decode at all on your VB?

vy73 de Florian DF2ET
DF2ET

Re: Running windows in a virtualbox

Messagede G1EUZ » Mer 24 Avr 2019 15:46

Flo,

Yes, it does decode my local terrestrial repeater GB3VL. The only issue is that it opens the video stream in the separate application.

I am using Mint 19 and windows 10 in the virtualbox. You might need to play with the virtualbox settings for the usb passthrough, there are 3 different options. Changing them requires stopping the virtual machine not saving the state.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Mick
G1EUZ
G1EUZ

Forums Statistiques