Build your own USB tuner . Questions about hardware

Minitiouner v1 hardware 0.8s software - no video?

Messagede G6MNJ » Lun 3 Sep 2018 10:32

I am am a complete loss to work out why I am not getting video displaying. I have run the test program and everything passes including the two videos.

The screen shot shows the software is clearly getting the digital stream and is receiving it correctly (another sat set top box is also receiving the signals and shows video perfectly) and yet no video.

Can anyone suggest what I can do please?

Thanks Paul G6MNJ
Fichiers joints
g6mnj.jpg
Screen shot of software receiving my local signals
g6mnj.jpg (391.17 Kio) Vu 15828 fois
G6MNJ

Re: Minitiouner v1 hardware 0.8s software - no video?

Messagede F6DZP » Mar 11 Sep 2018 17:24

yes the picture shows that you are receiving a stream.

1) I suppose that you have not asked AUTO PID (button at top right) and so, the PIDS you are using are not the good one (256, 257).
2) if you have done it and the software has not found the PIDs, there is a default in the TS stream.
3) if the PIDs and codec are good and you dont see anything, there is a default in the TS stream. If your are using the software DVBexpress transmitter, very often the TS stream is bad, so this could be the reason of your problem. I can tell you if I have a record of the TS stream.

first suggestion is to record the stream ( record button) and try to read the TS file with VLC.

If VLC cannot read it that means that there is a default in your stream, I suppose that a bad solder/contact on one of the TS data bits.
In this case you record 10 sec of TS file , you send a message here with your file joined and I will tell you on which pin there is a bad contact.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP
F6DZP

Messagede G6MNJ » Ven 12 Oct 2018 15:12

OK I have tried what you suggested and recorded transport files will not play in VLC.

I have a file for you but the system will not allow me to upload it !!

It has been emailed to you..

Thanks Paul.
G6MNJ

Messagede F6DZP » Ven 12 Oct 2018 16:32

Hello Paul,

yes you can upload the TS file it but in a zip file format.

I have received the Ts by email, there is no problem. The TS is good, VLC can read it. No lack of any bit, your MiniTiouner works well.

There is an issue with windows codec?

I can check to your computer using Teamviewer if you want.
Just ask for a schedule.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP
F6DZP

Messagede Ruggerio » Sam 17 Nov 2018 09:06

G6MNJ a écrit:OK I have tried probiotics for women and what you suggested and recorded transport files will not play in VLC.

I have a file for you but the system will not allow me to upload it !!

It has been emailed to you..

Thanks Paul.

Hi Jean-Pierre, is the Windows codec a common issue?
Dernière édition par Ruggerio le Mer 2 Nov 2022 14:28, édité 2 fois.
Ruggerio

Messagede F6DZP » Sam 17 Nov 2018 14:55

Hello,

With the Windows Home version, the Microsoft Mpeg2 decoder refuse to decode broadcast stream, because Microsoft doesn't want to pay for the royalties.
it works if you read/play a video from a file, it doesn't work if you receive direct stream from the air. ( it is the case when you use a MiniTiouner)
So we must install and use LAV video decoder.
(you can force Windows to use the LAV video decoder using the software "Win7DSFilter Tweaker"

If you have Windows professional version, the Microsoft video decoder accept to work in all case.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP
F6DZP

Forums Statistiques