Build your own USB tuner . Questions about hardware

Using tuner boards with third party applications

Messagede BlackForrest » Mar 16 Jan 2018 15:47

Is it possible to use the tutioune tuner board with programms like EBSpro,Crazyscan ,Smart Dvb etc?...
Btw... what is the max. bitrate of a TS which a FT2332 usb chip can send via usb?Cypress FX2 not better?
BlackForrest

Re: Using tuner boards with third party applications

Messagede F6DZP » Jeu 18 Jan 2018 07:07

Tutioune or now Minitioune is not developped for broadcast receiving. It is a tool designed for the Ham Radio community.
The first target was to develop a measurement tool (constellation in live during receiving etc..) some years before Crazyscan.

Yes, the MiniTiounerPro has great capacities with a professionnal NIM ( dual STVVGLNA + STV6120 + STV0910ADA) giving the possibility to receive 2 transponders at same time, 16APSK, 32APSK ... and can be use for receiving 4K TV transponders from broadcast satellite, but it is not the target.

It is firstly a DATV (Digital Amateur TV) tool, we HAmradio operators are using low symbol rate (max SR4000 MS/s) and the development was made also to extend the possibility to receive very low symbol rate like 75kS/s DVB-S or DVB-S2 signal.
So this is the opposite of what you are asking.

FT2232H can transmit up to 80 Mb/sec. It is enough for us.(too much). (I have tested broadcast stations at SR30MS/s without problem)
( look at http://www.vivadatv.org/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=458 where I show that I can receive 4K TV from a satellite)

EBSpro, Crazyscan ,Smart Dvb etc? are software that use the BDA driver given with the card. These drivers are not optimized for very low symbol rate.
If you use a Technotrend card TT S2-1600 with the BDA driver you will go down to about 600 or 800 kS/s, if you use my own driver inside Tutioune you can receive 120kS/s

So, for DATV, the choice is to not use a BDA driver but my own driver, the result is that we cannot use EBSpro,Crazyscan ,Smart Dvb etc
With the TT S2-1600 you can change the driver and use the BDA driver for EBSpro,Crazyscan ,Smart Dvb etc
or go back to Tutioune that doesn't use the BDA driver ( I have said why)

With the MiniTiouner (BATC kit...Home brewed...) or the MiniTiouner-Pro (sold by REF) using the FT2232H, I have not developed the BDA driver because we (HamRadio) don't have any use of it.
So the Minitioune software has it's own driver inside and we can enjoy DATV down to SR 70 kS/s and see constellations MER, RF level in real time and also look at the derotator searching to lock on the signal, that is also a great tool for us.

Minitioune is also used for receiving the HamTV signal from the ISS, there is a specific setup for that inside Minitioune or Tutioune.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP
Dernière édition par F6DZP le Dim 25 Mar 2018 16:44, édité 3 fois.
F6DZP

Messagede F6DZP » Ven 19 Jan 2018 07:04

Something that is also very important for us:
we have the possibility to send in real time all measurement to the Tioune Monitor http://www.vivadatv.org/tutioune.php?what=map

Jean-Pierre F6DZP
F6DZP

Messagede BlackForrest » Dim 25 Mar 2018 07:28

Thanks for you answer Jean-Piere...
Many Satellite-Dx ers are not so far away from your interests....they also want to receive low-Sr transmits ,mostly radios ....the TT1600 is old ,only 903bab Demod and PCI!...the only commercial usb tuner with advanced function and USB is the TBS 5925/Stv900aac or the 5927/Stv910adb,but there are Single tuner and for that not really cheap ....its sad that these niche nobody wants to fill out
BlackForrest

Messagede F6DZP » Dim 25 Mar 2018 16:40

But you can buy a MiniTiouner kit from the BATC shop or a MiniTiouner Pro(already built) from the REF shop,with a STV0910ADA + STV6120 and 2 STVVGLNA for a low price. But you don't have a BDA driver yet (perhaps one day?) so the software used is Minitioune ( or DualTioune for receiving 2 station at same time).

what do you need as Satellite-DXer that you don't have with Minitioune? (I have not tested it for receiving radio, I will do)
Perhaps I could add new functions?

Jean-Pierre F6DZP
F6DZP

Messagede BlackForrest » Dim 8 Avr 2018 16:23

Hello Jean Pierre,
Does the Stv0910 demod inside of the Serit NIM really use ADA and not the ADB-revision?
About the BDA drivers.Do you know the StreamrederExBDA.dll ?It s an alternative enhanced driver for
many commercial hardware.The dll itself is closed ,but the develolper "crazycat" is very helpful in
supporting other -tuner- hardware.The stv091x /stv90x demod and stv61xx tuner are supported by his
driver.See here -- https://sourceforge.net/p/crazyscan/wiki/Info/

What Dx ers need...it s different,some are interesting in Low-Sr receiving,Out of footprint receive,
blindscanning and feedhunting and others do only analyzing the incoming TS or raw data.
With Crazyscan and EBSpro you have 2 tools to do this. Also you can pipeline stream to external analyzers
like Tsreader ,4T2 etc..
With this facts i would not prefer to enhance Minitoune for dx ers.Let it as it is ;)
But if you ask about new functions....whats with MIS(Multistream)and PLS(Physical layer scramling) for Root
and Gold codes?
For example:french telecom are using both things via satellite for their terrestrial TNT broadcasts ;)
See transponder 11509 H and 12648 V : https://www.flysat.com/e5wa.php

Ps:Bottleneck is the 80mbit of the FT modules,because some whole transponder use often more bandwith.
But other capture devices ,i think are not really the problem!Maybe another idea is ,to design a "TS/raw
Stream to IP"module,so you can use it via Lan as (remote)network-tuner
BlackForrest

Messagede BlackForrest » Jeu 12 Avr 2018 17:24

Fore more bandwith via USB(3.0) ,i found this Ham-Sdr project which uses a cypress FX3-Dev Board (49Eur).
Maybe an idea for a next coming minitouner ultimate? :D
http://www.steila.com/blog/index.php?co ... id_post=18
BlackForrest

Messagede DreuxPomerleau » Lun 28 Juin 2021 13:56

Bonjour, à l'époque je me posais aussi la même question mais je n'ai pas encore essayé. Merci pour vos infos m'a mis l'idée aux claires. ;)

onlyfans argent
Pour les adeptes de Onlyfans voici => comment créer un compte onlyfans
DreuxPomerleau

Forums Statistiques