Build your own USB tuner . Questions about hardware

Minitioune 0.4c screen format

Messagede admin » Jeu 19 Jan 2017 17:58

message from VK5YYY:

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Thanks for your hard work, you inspire us
How will the TutiouneMonitor work
I noticed when you have 2 Tiouners it's a difficult to find the second widget behind the first one
Will the Mini Tiouner Pro be a Pro widget or different colour
You have 4 stations the only selection is to change the number on the browser
Maybe there is a special technique to click on the other stations

VK5BD and myself are testing on the bench a small "NUC" PC that auto boots to Tutioune
The HDMI output of the PC is connected to A DVB-T HD Mpeg2 modulator (OGG labs recently released in Australia) https://ogg.io/
Our plan is to use it as a test range from my workshop to my home
The return signal is beautiful quality, we are having some difficulty with the aspect ratio of the Tutioune to fill the screen
Do you have any technique to adjust the Tutioune screen size, we adjust the resolution adjustments, but it's not perfect

Cheers Roger VK5YYY
admin
Administrateur du site

Re: Minitioune 0.4c screen format

Messagede admin » Jeu 19 Jan 2017 18:01

Message from F6DZP:

I find very strange the choices used by the MOD1HD ( Mpeg2 encoder for HD???, not H264) and nowhere I have found the bandwidth used.
In Europe we try to use the lower bandwidth as we can and DVB-S is the preferred mode.
Screen resolution: I don't understand exactly what you need. You can have Minitioune in full screen mode.
admin
Administrateur du site

Messagede admin » Jeu 19 Jan 2017 18:02

Message from VK5YYY:

Hi Jean Pierre

We have reduced band width DVB-S but the nearest Tutioune is over 300km with mountains from here so no chance for a contact
This is why we set up a small automatic Tutioune so we can experiment to enjoy reduced bandwidth DVB-S (23cm)
I have Digilite and some home made RPi RB DATV TXers, so how can I experiment on my own, Australia is a big place
The Automatic Tutioune receives the signal we send and the PC HDMI is repeated back to us via 446.5mhz 7mhz bandwidth DVB-T Mpeg-2
A normal TV in Australia can pick up the signal (not all TVs in Australia are Mpeg4) so Mpeg2 is more common and the current standard
We have 7mhz allocation at 446.5mhz for DVB-T, standard definition Tutioune screen is hard to read, therefore HD is a good choice
There is only 4 registered Tutiounes in Australia, maybe this will grow with Rpi DATV, till then we send picture to ourselves
I will send a screen dump of our Tutioune resolution problem tomorrow

Cheers Roger VK5YYY
admin
Administrateur du site

Messagede admin » Jeu 19 Jan 2017 18:05

Message from VK5YYY:

Hi Jean Pierre,

Here is the screen dump from the NUC that runs tutioune, we have made many adjustments to the resolution
This is the best we could make it
It does not fill the screen, the full screen button is disable/greyed out
Is it only designed for 4:3 and not 16:9
We would like to fill the screen so when the HDMI output of the NUC is repeated back it fills the TV screen
If you have any ideas please get back to me

NUC Screen Shot.jpg
NUC Screen Shot.jpg (242.62 Kio) Vu 16343 fois

Cheers Roger VK5YYY
admin
Administrateur du site

Messagede F6DZP » Jeu 19 Jan 2017 18:29

Have you tried to hit the ESC key - several times- to change the screen format ???

Jean-Pierre
F6DZP

Forums Statistiques