Build your own USB tuner . Questions about hardware

No video output on Minitiouner receiver

Messagede ZS1MM » Mar 30 Avr 2019 08:04

I have built the Minitiouner receiver but cannot get any picture from it. It passes all the tests and all the lights are green when receiving a satellite signal except the "bytes received in buffer light is red. The constellation is good and all other indicators are green. My normal settop box receives the same program fine. Where can I start to look for the problem? I am not very computer literate, so i do need guidance.
Many thanks,
Leon Korkie
ZS1MM
ZS1MM

Re: No video output on Minitiouner receiver

Messagede F6DZP » Mar 30 Avr 2019 08:51

Hello Leon,

most of time, when you have only the last TS led red that signifies that there is a problem in the TS transmission to USB interface.
check all signal that go to the FT2232H, specially the TS2CLK, TS2valid and TS2ERR signals
several times people that had this problem have fixed it by changing the 74HC10.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP
F6DZP

Messagede ZS1MM » Mar 30 Avr 2019 11:54

OK, Thanks for the quick response Jean-Pierre. I shall do those tests during the weekend. I must just see if I can find a schematic of the Minitiouner somewhere on the BATC site.
Thanks,
Leon
ZS1MM
ZS1MM

Messagede F6DZP » Mar 30 Avr 2019 15:55

yes, you have the shematics on the BATC wiki , under the second picture you have the link.
https://wiki.batc.org.uk/MiniTiouner_hardware_Version_2

Jean-Pierre F6DZP
F6DZP

Messagede ZS1MM » Ven 3 Mai 2019 21:23

Good evening Jean-Pierre,
I have done the tests while receiving IS20 on 11.007GHz with a SR of 29.990MS/s.I do not know if this is too fast for the receiver?
TS2CLK is active at a period of about 168ns when in lock on DVB-S .It changes to about 485ns when I switch to DVBS2.
TS2VALID is active and goes steady low when I switch to DVBS2.
TS2ERR is steady low and just makes a rapid flash when I switch to DVBS2 then stays low again.
Pin 8 on the 74HC10 has the same signal as TS2CLK when the receiver is in lock.
That tells me that the 74HC10 should be OK.
Carrier Lock =100%
Timing Lock = 68%
RF Power = -17 dBm
MER = 12dB
Viterbi Err = 2200-3100
V ber = 0%
TS err = 0
Bytes Received = 0
FEC = 5/6
Constellation = QPSK.
Unfortunately I still have a problem with my Portsmouth transmitter so I cannot generate a low SR signal yet.
Best Regards,
Leon
ZS1MM
ZS1MM

Messagede F6DZP » Sam 4 Mai 2019 10:31

Hello,

Max bitrate for Minitioune is about 48 Mbps
if your SR of 29.990MS/s is QPSK Minitioune should receive it, if it is 8PSK, Minitioune could not receive it.

You can try to receive Es'Hailsat 10996H SR27500 DVB-S fec3/4. It is easy to receive and decode.
(use the same dish and direction than Oscar-100)

if you download the new version of Minitioune the frequency is already set...

Jean-Pierre F6DZP
F6DZP

Messagede ZS1MM » Lun 6 Mai 2019 07:30

Good Morning Jean-Pierre,
I could not find anything on that frequency. I then used a cheap STB that I purchased on E-Bay and it receives the beacon video perfectly. That is the same frequency I attempt with the Minitiouner. It still locks and all but the last led is green. As I have told you in my previous mail that all the signals on the 74HC10 are active. Can it be a problem with the software installation on my windows 7 PC? When I run the GraphStudioNext software suggested by W6HHC I can see that there is a problem.I get the Universal Source block and that will connect to the MPEG-2 Demultiplexer, but the MPEG2 demultiplexer has no output terminals to connect to the LAV Video Decoder .
Perhaps that will give you some idea.
Best regards,
Leon Korkie
ZS1MM
ZS1MM

Messagede ZS1MM » Lun 13 Mai 2019 13:05

Hi Jean-Pierre,
I noticed that you have not answered my last posting. I do realize that you must be very busy with sorting out everybody's problems. I just want to know if that last TS led that is still red , is caused by a hardware problem or by the Windows configuration. I am now using my Portsdown transmitter as a signal source and the STB receives the picture perfectly.
Many thanks,
Leon
ZS1MM
ZS1MM

Messagede F6DZP » Lun 13 Mai 2019 17:22

Hello
Sorry ,I'm presently travellings in Spain. And have only my smartphone.

My first answer is that you have a problem with hardware.
Graph and graphstudio have nothing to do with this issue.
And what you see on your graph is normal.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP
F6DZP

Messagede Pipsqueak » Dim 19 Mai 2019 22:21

Hi,
I am having the same problem! All lights are green except for the "Graphic" button. Signal strength of the Oscar-100 is D4. I have previously had excellent results, but cannot seem to get past this problem. My next test is to replace the PC in the shack and see if the problem is cleared.
Fichiers joints
piic.png
piic.png (423.24 Kio) Vu 26858 fois
Pipsqueak

Suivante
Forums Statistiques