Build your own USB tuner . Questions about hardware

MiniTiounerV2 modification for receiving 2 stations at same

Messagede dg9bfc » Dim 10 Mar 2019 17:09

hello pro builders
i had an idea of a so to speak mt pro "light"

i already have a batc board ...

my plan is adding another minimodule to it with a "picky pack pcb"

just an experimeners board with another minimodule ... and another 7410

then another board ontop for a row of leds maybe??

two of the led from first board could get an optocoupler ... two are for ts1/ts2 ok (signal ok)

the other 8 outputs?? do not know if i also should optos or relais to them???

i do need some more background info to complete that receiver ... lnb voltage will be switched from a hard wired switch so i do not need that lnb control switching ... and can ive also without 22kc signal ir disec or other fancy things
so then it will be an easy setup ... a batc board ... another minimodule ... and a few leds maybe??

one or two oled displays also added would be superb :-)

what are those leds (outputs?) are used for?? switching antennas?? (no need for that here)
could those led show signal (mer) like an s meter?? (say 4 led for each ts /minimodule ... configurable by the user)

sorry that i have to ask so many things ... but that will be some more questions to follow ... i wanna build such a double receiver ... and wanna do it right from the start ...
maybe such a discussion would be easier to do in direct mail ... but on the other hand it also could be an idea for other users that already have a batc rx and wanna add a second minimodule to it
in YOUR drawing of the " version with 2 modules" and if i look on the batc boards ... there is something mixed up with the i2c ... in your picture the i2c of tuner goes to modul1 (and second i2c is then used on oled??) where also ts1 goes
means control of tuner is done over module 1 connected to ts1

if i add a second modul to batc board .. there the control port is connected to the minimodule where ts2 goes (ts1 is on the jumpers to pigipack board) ... so the i2c for control of tuner is on module 2 so to speak (where ts2 goes)

so my question is ... do i have to exchange those ports?!?

why the hell did batc not use ts1 on modul 1 and added the ts2 to jumpers ... grrr ... that would make that modding easier
MiniTiounerPro synoptic3_light.jpg
modded sketch
MiniTiounerPro synoptic3_light.jpg (300.36 Kio) Vu 8894 fois

Minitiuoner_PRO_light_version.jpg
light version of the pro ... made from batc board
Minitiuoner_PRO_light_version.jpg (82.53 Kio) Vu 8894 fois

thanks for reading my post and please and give me all background info to build that double rx ... yesi know i can buy a ready built unit ... but i like building things ... and already HAVE the batc rx here so why not modify it wit hanother minimodule and a second 7410?!?
greetz from dg9bfc
sigi

i wanna build a double tuner with two minimodules ... if i have understand it correct one of those mudules need to be reprogrammed??????
please some info for me ... i wanna build a double rx from a batc board (again see other port with a drawing)
greetings from germany dg9bfc sigi
dg9bfc

Re: MiniTiounerV2 modification for receiving 2 stations at s

Messagede F6DZP » Jeu 14 Mar 2019 06:28

Hello,

Many people wish to modify the BATC MiniTiounerV2 in order to receive 2 stations at same time (duplex).

When we have worked on this pcb, we have add an extension connector TS1:
from this connector , you need to add just a second Minimodule, FT2232H and a 74HC10, that's all.

I am talking actually with the BATC team for an article or description of this simple extension.

I will go back latter to answer to all your questions.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP
F6DZP

Re: MiniTiounerV2 modification for receiving 2 stations at s

Messagede dg9bfc » Dim 17 Mar 2019 12:11

F6DZP a écrit:Hello,

Many people wish to modify the BATC MiniTiounerV2 in order to receive 2 stations at same time (duplex).

When we have worked on this pcb, we have add an extension connector TS1:
from this connector , you need to add just a second Minimodule, FT2232H and a 74HC10, that's all.

I am talking actually with the BATC team for an article or description of this simple extension.

I will go back latter to answer to all your questions.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP

ok i understand all what i needed for receive the second stream (7410 and that minimodule) ...

ts1 and ts2 ok (led) wired to first minimodule ... also ok on that ...

(so first module has 6 outputs unused ... right??) ... plus a few other unused pins

so we could use to switch lnb voltage maybe with an optocoupler and a relay (instead my hard wired switch)??

the row of led??? (external 0-7) on second module so also on that add on pcb?? (or a second pcb above the first one)

maybe we should discuss that all on direct mail (callsign at freenet dot de) ...

i also wanna add an oled display (or two???) to i2s bus ... that also should be easy

i exactly ordered the batc board cause it is easier for modding (all unused pins wired to connectors) and cause based on that board anybody can build such a minitiuoner pro (light)

if you let away the not needed parts the end result will be
tuner, 2 minimodules and two 7410 ... plus some leds and/or opto-couplers ... and i2s wired to oled
lnb power switched by hard wired switch ...

parallel output of a ts not needed ... lnb power not needed ... relay drivers?? also optional i guess

so jean-pierre ... maybe we can discuss that on direct mail??

greetz sigi dg9bfc
dg9bfc

Forums Statistiques